Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Pregnant Husband

Ok... So since I've been pregnant, I have changed so much! I was ridiculously moody and tired and in so much pain the first three months that I probably wasn't very nice to my husband... (ask him.. he'll tell you). But now that I'm feeling great, and being pregnant is actually really fun, I've begun to learn a few things about the pregnant husband.

Ever since I got pregnant, I talked about how during the summer months I would want to like, live at the pool because it would be so hot. Well, I haven't been at all! I asked Steve last week, (Steve doesn't like swimming, BTW) and he said no... I asked him again yesterday, and he said no. I asked him again today.. and he, very hesitantly, said Yes. Then he immediatley went in to an excuse about how he didn't have a swimsuit that fit him anymore, and that maybe we could just go tomorrow.. and blah blah blah.. I didn't want to fuss, so I just said... ok. He could tell I was sad, So he started to ask me.. well, what if I went and got a really cheap swimsuit.. what if I just went and watched you swim, what if we just took a bath instead!? I insisted that if he didn't want to go, then he didn't have to, and that I could just go by myself... Finally he went into the bedroom and put on some basketball shorts and said, Ellie... you said you wanted to go swimming.... we are going! I may not like swimming, but I want to be able to have the memory of you, giant belly and all, splashing around in the water.. we are going!

Another one, Steve has a HORRIBLE hatred for feet. Ever since I started dating Steve, I just understood that I could never expect a foot rub from him, just like he could never expect me to clean up puke. I would NEVER ask him to do that. Well, one night, we decided to give eachother massages, because both of us were pretty stressed out. Well, while I was giving him his massage, I decided to just rub his feet while I was at it. He immediately felt bad for me and kept saying, "You don't have to do that!!" When I was done, he said that he would rub my calves... which he did. Oh my gosh he was so cute! He was rubbing right around my ankle, and he looked away, because I think it might have been too scary for him... but he slowly moved to the tops of my feet, and then just went right into a full on foot massage! Holy cow it felt so good!!! I almost cried because it meant that much to me that he would do something he hates so much to comfort me just a little bit. It was so sweet.

I think Lilly was appreciative of the foot rub also, because as soon as he finished, she started kicking. And not just randomly.. it seemed like every time Steve spoke, she would kick in response. On cue, Steve started saying "Lilly, you gonna give me a good kick?" and she would kick! Hard too, one time she actually kicked him in the face! Which was my third thing.. I can tell he's already falling in love with his daughter! He didn't used to be so patient to feel her kick.. he would just say, oh well I missed it. But now, it's like his favorite TV show! He asks me all the time if she's kicking and if he can watch! And not only is he entertained at my dancing belly, but he talks to her all the time! I catch him staring at the nursery every so often. He even didn't make too much fun of me when I wrapped up a teddy bear in a blanket and pretended it was a baby!

My husband is going to be the best daddy ever! I love him so much!

No comments:

Total Pageviews